I’m all about simple, delicious recipes made from real and clean foods. These amazing turkey tacos definitely fit the bill. They are a cinch to prepare and are perfect to pack for lunch the next day as well.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- Spices: Onion powder, garlic salt, smoked paprika, cumin, Mexican chili powder, black pepper, cayenne powder)
- Homemade or store bought guacamole (check ingredients!)
- Greek yogurt
- Pico de gallo
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Your favorite taco toppings (cilantro, lime wedges, romaine, etc)
In a medium sized skillet, add the ground turkey. Season liberally with onion powder, garlic salt, smoked paprika, cumin, and black pepper. Add a Mexican chili powder and cayenne powder to taste – these can add a lot of heat! Cook the turkey until done, stirring to incorporate the spices. Heat the tortillas until soft and flexible. Spread about 2 tablespoons of guacamole on the tortilla, top with meat and a generous amount of pico de gallo. Dollop on some Greek yogurt. Add any other toppings to complete this tasty taco!
- Swap ground turkey for sliced chicken breast.
- Ditch the tortilla for brown rice or quinoa.
- Go low carb by making a taco salad with fresh romaine and spinach.
- Taco meat can be frozen for easy meal prep during busy weeks.